Acceptable Use Policy - TV Cable of Grayson County
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Last Updated: November 7, 2012
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ANY PROVISION OF THE RULES, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF SERVICES, UNINSTALL ANY TCGC SOFTWARE AND TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT.
TCGC reserves the right, but does not bear the responsibility, to prohibit or delete any conduct, communication or content which TCGC, in its sole discretion determines to be unlawful or harmful to others. When you are using TCGC Services, you are subject to the Rules. If you use third party software or connect to third party servers, websites, networks or systems, then you are responsible for complying with the policies and restrictions of those third parties. TCGC may terminate your TCGC Services if it determines that you have failed to comply with the Rules.
As TCGC does not monitor in advance the conduct of subscribers and users nor communication or content distributed through the TCGC Services, you acknowledge TCGC is unlikely to be aware of violations of law or these Rules or other misconduct by subscribers and users occurring through the TCGC Services. You bear full responsibility for any material you send.
Prohibited Uses of TCGC Services
TCGC reserves the right to terminate services at any time without notice if such subscriber or user engages in the following prohibited activities.
A. Unlawful Purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of material or conduct in violation of any applicable local, state, federal or foreign law or regulation is prohibited, including without limitation:
Any unauthorized use of material protected by patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right or material that is obscene, constitutes an illegal threat or harassment, or violates export control laws, or is used to commit fraud or any other activity that is prohibited by criminal or civil law, the service may not be used for the transmission, dissemination or storage of illegal images or URLs containing child pornography;
- Material that posts or discloses personal identifiable information or private information of individuals under the age of 13 or in connection with materials directed towards children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent;
- Material that exploits children under the age of 18;
- Material that provides, sells or offers to sell the following: controlled substances, illegal drugs and drug contraband, alcohol, weapons, pirated materials, pornography or sexual products, programs to attack others, illegal goods or services, escort services, instructions on making, assembling or obtaining illegal goods or weapons, information used to break, copyright, violate the trademark of or to destroy others' property or information used to illegally harm any people or animals;
- Material that takes part in, or allows any third party to take part in, the following: reverse engineering, reverse compiling or otherwise deriving the underlying source code, structure or sequence of the technology, altering copyright notices and attributes (unless you have written permission by the legal owner); or
- Material or conduct which TCGC believes to be unlawful, offensive or harmful.
B. Objectionable Materials. Transmission, distribution or storage of unwanted materials, offensive content and disabling code is prohibited, including without limitation:
Viruses, Trojan horse programs, logic bombs, worms, messages which include character sequences intended to control the recipient's computer or display screen, make-money fast schemes, pyramid or chain letters, fraudulent offers, threats, harassment, defamation;
- Material that is racist or otherwise offensive, including material which aggravates, harasses, threatens, defames or abuses others such as bigotry, prejudice, racism or hatred and promotion, assistance or information of any type related to violence against governments, groups, organizations or individuals;
- Storage of log files or non-HTML content unless expressly allowed as part of the Service;
- Password-only, hidden, or restricted access pages unless expressly allowed as part of the Service; or
- Any material, content, code, transmission or other use of the Service that would violate TCGC's Rules.
C. Violations of E-mail Policy. You may not use the TCGC Services to violate any applicable law or regulation including violation of the CAN-SPAM Act, any other anti-spam law or any rule, policy or procedure of TCGC including, without limitation:
Sending any form of unsolicited commercial or bulk online communication (including, without limitation, the use of another Internet service to send SPAM to divert visitors to your site hosted on or through TCGC Services, whether or not the messages are originated by you, under your direction, or by or under the direction of a third party;
- Facilitating spam or collecting responses from spam;
- Sending large volumes of unsolicited e-mail to individuals;
- Incorporating a false subject line, false return address or false transmission path into an online communication;
- Incorporating a third party's trademark within an e-mail address without the permission of the trademark owner;
- Sending chain letters;
- Using e-mails to facilitate a pyramid scheme;
- Sending a mail bomb (mail bombing is defined as the sending of numerous and/or unusually large files or messages to one or more recipients with malicious intent);
- Sending threatening or harassing e-mails (harassment is defined as the sending of e-mails that are intended to interfere with an other's enjoyment of the Internet);
- Using your account as a substitute for storage devices or for any other use other than bone fide e-mail use;
- Using any automatic process for sending or receiving e-mail;
- Use your account for illegal peer-to-peer file sharing; or
- Any other use of your account that would violate the Rules.
D. System and Network Security. You may not do anything that may violate TCGC's system or network security. Security violations include, without limitation:
Attempts to compromise the security of any website;
- Altering the header information of e-mail or other activity that conceals your e-mail address or prevents recipients from responding to e-mail messages you send;
- Interference with service to any user, hosting or network provider (including, without limitation, mail-bombing or news-bombing, flooding, overloading a system, broadcast attacks, disrupting Internet relay chat channels or placing false bids on auction sites);
- Use or distribution of tools designed to compromise security of any computer system or network (including, without limitation, cracking tools, banner blockers, network probing tools, password or credit card probes and decryption devices and other guessing programs);
- Transferring excessive amounts of data through TCGC's network;
- Misuse or abuse of account access and passwords;
- Any attempt to use an account in any manner that would violate, harm or compromise TCGC's network or the TCGC Services; or
- Reselling any aspect of the TCGC Services or TCGC Site.
Enforcement and Network Management
In order for TCGC to comply with applicable laws, including without limitation the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18 U.S.C. 2701 et seq., to comply with appropriate government requests, to operate TCGC's systems properly, or to protect TCGC or its customers, TCGC may access and disclose any information, including, without limitation, the personal identifying information of TCGC account holders, the contents of any personal electronic communications passing through its network, and any other information it considers necessary or appropriate without notice to you. TCGC will cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected violations of the Rules and any other illegal activity. TCGC reserves the right to report to law enforcement authorities any suspected illegal activity of which it becomes aware.
If TCGC determines, in its sole discretion, that a violation of the Rules has occurred, TCGC may, but will not be obligated, to take any or all of the following actions in addition to legal remedies it may have available: temporarily or permanently remove material from TCGC servers, discontinue access, warn the account holder(s) involved, remove e-mail sent by you, suspend or terminate account(s), remove or deny access to the TCGC Service, Site or servers, publicly disclose the originating address, subject matter and/or URL of the website or other account information associated with a prohibited transmission and to charge a handling fee associated with taking such action and take other responsive action at any time and for any reason. If TCGC believes that you have used the services to commit trademark or copyright infringement, it will terminate your account privileges. Violations of the Rules could also subject you to criminal or civil liability.
TCGC reserves the right to engage in reasonable network management to protect the overall Internet network, including analyzing traffic patterns and preventing the distribution of viruses or other malicious code.
Unauthorized Use of Your Account
If you believe that someone has gained access to your password and to your account without your permission, change your password immediately.
If you have any questions about this Policy please contact us